Thursday, May 24, 2012

Summer is breathing down my neck like a three-headed dog named Fluffy. Responsibilities keep piling up, and every time I cross one thing off the to-do list, three more items magically appear. And my kids only have 10 days of school left. Needless to say, I've fallen behind on my blogging.

Having ALL the boys home ALL the time severely gnaws away at my writing time, but I'm hoping our family will share a summer filled with loads of books. (Reading counts as research, right?) Next week I'll be reviewing Insurgent by Veronica Roth for YA Book Club and Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham for the Southern Book Bloggers. If you have any suggestions for summer reads, let me know in the comments!

Today on Twitter I'll be throwing my hat in the ring for The Writer's Voice Twitter Pitch Party. For more information about The Writer's Voice, and to read some amazing queries, check out these blogs: Love YA, Cupid's Literary ConnectionMother. Write. (Repeat.), and Brenda Drake Writes. If you have a finished manuscript ready to pitch to agents, come and join us on the hashtag #WVTP.

Also, welcome and thank you to my new followers! I'm only 16 away from my 100 Follower Give-Away. When I reach 90, I'll start revealing the prizes!

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

Music for today: Brains by Lower Dens

4 comments:

  1. I love summer. I think all the sunshine is just good for me. But I also don't have a huge family sucking up all my free time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First-gold star for Harry Potter reference.
    Second-good luck on the writer's voice contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids finished up Friday, the same day I went in for surgery. Needless to say, it's going to be an interesting 6 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just added +1 to your total. Up to wither 86 or 87. If you get nothing else out of YALitChat, you gained a blof follower. ;)

    ReplyDelete