Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Welcome to Day 2 of the 2011 YA superlative blogfest, hosted by Katy Upperman, Jessica Love, Tracey Neithercott, and Alison Miller. (Thanks ladies!)






Today's picks are for the Popularity Contest. Without further ado...






Class Clown: Percy Jackson from Son of Neptune --An oldy but goody, Percy still keeps me entertained seven books into the series.



Most Likely to Become a Rock Star: Simon from City of Fallen Angels






Mostly Likely to Start a Riot: Lila from Red Glove



Fashion King and/or Queen: Lola and Cricket from Lola and the Boy Next Door -- Was there any doubt about this one?



Girl You’d Most Want For Your BFF: Puck from The Scorpio Races – Loyal, fierce, and witty, Puck is everything I look for in a friend.



Boy You Wish You’d Dated in High School: Cassel from Red Glove – I’m a sucker for a bad boy with a heart of gold.



Quirkiest Character: Emma from Miss Perrigrine’s Home for Peculiar Children



Villain You Love to Hate: Warner from Shatter Me



Favorite Parental Figure: Tris’s mom from Divergent



Coolest Nerd: Sam from Red Glove






These were super fun choices! I can't wait to read everyone else's picks!

8 comments:

  1. My daughter loves that you made Percy one of your choices. And oh, that Warner - I do love to hate him too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you chose Tris' mom. That's the second time I've seen her on someone's list and I'm wondering even more why I didn't think about her. She's pretty awesome. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put Warner, too! I just couldn't hate him as much as I was supposed to, though. Too smexy. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice in Emma from MISS PEREGRINE... She's definitely a quirky one! And now I KNOW I need to get my hands on RED GLOVE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so right with Warner. I totally forgot about him. He's PERFECT for that category!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, someone else who had Percy on their list! I loved Son of Neptune, so I had to squeeze him on to my list, even if his books are more MG. He's too funny and awesome.

    Loved your Red Glove picks too! I don't know why I didn't think of Lila as a riot-inciter. She totally would be. :) Also, <3 Warner and <3 Tris' mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had Tris' mom, too! Great picks - some I haven't seen listed elsewhere. All added to my "to read" list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comments, everybody. Sorry I didn't make the rounds yesterday-- I was traveling until late last night, but I'm going to catch up today. @Katy, you have to read White Cat and Red Glove, right away. Amazing. @Tracey, I actually like Warner, too- I'm hoping maybe in the next book he turns out to be not SO bad.

    ReplyDelete