Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I am all about awesome alternative rock music. The weird thing is most people I know and talk to have never heard of the bands that I love. Imagine my surprise when I found out that Arcade Fire's The Suburbs is the #1 Album in America -- That means lots of people have caught on to their greatness, and I'm thrilled for them! Here is a little taste:




I guess I should be embarrassed to admit it, but I cried the first time I heard this song. It's that good.

On a more personal note, with the school year fast approaching, and my prime writing time with it, I'm having an identity crisis of sorts. I am about a quarter of the way through my second book, but I stalled out a while ago. Genre wise I'd say it is general fiction. I like to read all kinds of things, but lately I've been in love with adolescent lit. I have an idea brewing for an adolescent novel -- the question is, do I abandon book 2 to start a new idea, or do I finish what I've already started? Feel free to share your insights!

Until next week!

A quote from the great Mark Twain:
All you need is ignorance and confidence, and success is sure.

1 comment:

  1. I say, go where you are inspired! Get the ideas you have now down on paper - you can always go back to book 2 later. Oh, and I like weird alt bands, too, including Arcade Fire.

    ReplyDelete